Back to Calendar
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AGENDA-2018
- Approve a letter of support for a BUILD grant application that is being completed by the Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization to request funding for a series of projects on State Route 89 within the Town of Chino Valley, and consider a commitment of $500,000.00 of Regional Roads funds towards the construction phase of this project, contingent upon the award of a BUILD grant. (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
Brief Explanation of Need
A draft of a letter of support is attached to this item for the Board to consider sending, and that may be included as part of complementary documentation to a Better Utilizing Investments to Leverage Development (BUILD) Grant application that is being completed for submittal by the Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization (CYMPO). CYMPO has requested letters of support from most transportation-related agencies in the local area, and this would serve to represent to the grant selection committee that the area as a whole supports this project. Public Works anticipates that this grant application will ultimately request in the neighborhood of $20M to $25M for the funding to complete four critical regional system improvements, all a part of the State Route 89 corridor through the Town of Chino Valley:
1. Install raised median from Perkinsville Road to Road 3 North and re-time signal at Road 3 North.
2. Widen from two-lane to four-lane section with raised median from Road 3 North to Road 4 North.
3. Widen from two-lane to four-lane section with raised median from Road 4 North to Road 5 North and construct roundabout at Road 5 North.
4. Install a traffic signal at State Route 89 and Road 1 North.
Public Works is also requesting the Board of Supervisors to consider a financial commitment to the construction phase(s) of the project. A financial commitment from local agencies to help leverage the grant dollars carries greater weight for the selection committee, per the grant criteria. Public Works recommends the Board consider tentatively approving commitment of $500,000 of Regional Roads funds from FY 23/24, contingent upon the successful award of a BUILD grant to CYMPO for these listed projects.
Roger McCormick, Assistant Public Works Director
Source of Revenue
Have Notice/Publication Requirements Been Met
Contract or Agreement
Legal Approval Notes
Source of Revenue:
Name of Account to be Paid From:
Number of Account to be Paid From:
Was this item budgeted for:
Letter of Support - BUILD Grant
No- Elected Official/Director has reviewed the attached agreement/contract
and determined legal review is not a requirement, or not applicable
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2018 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved